Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Ray Lewis III, Son of NFL Legend Ray Lewis, Cause of Death Revealed

Ray Lewis III, the son of NFL legend Ray Lewis, died from an accidental overdose, according to a report.

News of the 28-year-old’s death was shared Thursday by Lewis III’s younger brother, Rashaan.

Florida cops found Lewis III naked and unresponsive after getting a call at around 5:30 p.m. on June 14, a police report obtained by TMZ said.

Lewis III received CPR from a friend before police administered Narcan — a medication used to treat narcotic overdoses.

Unfortunately, the procedure did not help and Lewis III remained unresponsive.

Lewis III kickstarted his football career at Lake Mary Prep in Florida where he starred as a running back, tallying 20 touchdowns and 1,898 yards during his senior season.

The NFL Hall of Famer’s son started his college career at his father’s alma mater, Miami (Fl.), before he transferred to Coastal Carolina and later Virginia Union.

He appeared in seven games with the Champions Indoor Football League’s Wyoming Mustangs during the 2021-22 season.

“[Lewis is an] intellectual football player and prides himself on being a student of the game,” the team wrote at the time, per Gillette News. “[He’s an] all-around ball player and a playmaker. He’s always been a leader and a teacher and he’s always around the ball. Welcome to the team.”

The athlete’s sudden death rocked his close friends and family, with his brother Rahsaan writing on Instagram, “Really can’t believe I’m even typing this but RIP big brother. A true angel. I pray your at peace now because I know how much you was really hurting.”

“I don’t and I won’t ever have the words man, ’cause this pain right here… I love you, I love you, I love you,” he added.

Lewis III’s heartbroken sister, Diaymon Lewis, also shared a tribute on social media on Friday.

“Brownie, I love [you] with all of my heart,” she wrote on her Instagram Story. “You will always be my first love and truly are the definition of a quintessential brother.”

“To the most genuine and talented person I know, go get your rest baby and I’m glad you’re at peace. Fly high baby,” she added.

  • Shamus says:

    It’s painfully disingenuous to continue to refer to DEATH by ingestions of “illicit narcotics” as an “accidental overdose” — STOP IT! Every single time a person decides to ingest an ILLEGAL NARCOTIC it’s like playing “Russian Roulette”! DEATH can ensue on the very FIRST experimental ingestion or the 100th! TELL THE TRUTH and SAVE ONE LIFE (or more)!

  • Rudog says:

    yeh….so this one escaped da’ VAXX… that’s all…next….

  • vickie says:

    why did he have to do drugs…..i mean there are so many doing drugs …that wouldnt you want to be different then them… your own person… had to know that something bad could happen….you took a chance and it did….not only are you not here but you hurt your family so much…if you needed help …why didnt you get it… can get help without telling the world….it could have been private……its better to get help than to not be here….RIP….peace to your family

  • LetsGoBrandon says:

    Another fentanyl dead cause by the drugs pouring thru Budunces open border. The blood is on him and Mayorkas hands.

  • Laurie says:

    So in other words it wasn’t accidental it was fentanyl supplied by the CCP and trafficked across the border by the Mexican drug cartel and murdering our citizens.



    The father of would-be Donald Trump assassin Thomas Matthew Crooks has revealed the family is just trying to “take care of ourselves” — as...


    Former President Donald Trump reacted to Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle’s Tuesday announcement that she had resigned from her position following backlash over how...


    A U.S. senator is demanding answers from the head of Joe Biden’s Department of Homeland Security to allegations there was a law enforcement agent...


    Prince Harry is set to receive a rather hefty 40th birthday present later this year, according to a report. The Duke of Sussex will...