Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Fox News Demands Tucker Carlson Shut Down Twitter Show

Fox News has sent a “cease and desist” letter to Tucker Carlson as the contract dispute between the two parties heats up, Axios reported Monday.

Fox News previously accused Carlson on Wednesday of breaching his contract by violating its non-compete clause when he posted the first episode of his new Twitter show.

His lawyers have argued for Carlson’s First Amendment right to post on Twitter and alleged Fox News breached its contract with the cable news host.

In response to the Monday report, Harmeet Dhillon, a lawyer who represents Carlson, wrote on Twitter that her “friend and client [Carlson] will not be silenced—by the far left or by Fox News.”

Elaborating in a statement to media outlets, Dhillon responded to the alleged cease-and-desist letter by saying that Fox News is ignoring “the interests of its viewers, not to mention its shareholder obligations.”

She added: “Doubling down on the most catastrophic programming decision in the history of the cable news industry, Fox is now demanding that Tucker Carlson be silent until after the 2024 election,” the statement continued. “Tucker will not be silenced by anyone … He is a singularly important voice on matters of public interest in our country, and will remain so.”

High-powered Hollywood attorney Bryan Freedman also represents Carlson, and he told news outlets last week that Carlson won’t be silenced by Fox News. Previously, he reportedly argued that Fox News breached its contract with Carlson, rendering it no longer valid.

“Fox defends its very existence on freedom of speech grounds,” Freedman said in a recent statement. “Now they want to take Tucker Carlson’s right to speak freely away from him because he took to social media to share his thoughts on current events.”

Carlson aired the first two episodes of his Twitter competitor last week and obtained over 169 million viewers on the platform. The first episode of his show aired Tuesday and received over 100 million views in two days. His 10-minute Twitter monologues outperformed Fox News’ broadcasts in the same time slot.

Carlson’s lead producer Justin Wells tweeted Sunday that the next episode will air June 13 and address the indictment of former President Donald Trump, who is scheduled to appear at a Miami courthouse Tuesday afternoon. Trump was indicted by federal prosecutors on 37 counts related to mishandling classified documents and preventing the government from retrieving them.

Before parting ways with Fox News, Carlson was the network’s highest-rated host and beloved by conservatives. His show frequently received the highest ratings on cable news and drove the national conversation.

READ 83 COMMENTS
  • MARY HALE says:

    JUST REMEMBER, IT WAs fox news that certified joey boy as president before the election was even over..joey was installed not elected..he is a fraudulent jackal seat warmer..President Donald J Trump IS AND WILL BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT

  • Susan says:

    Diabolical and Evil Fox news never fired Tucker instead they are willing to pay him his $20 million salary all while cancelling his show, rendering him speechless..

    Tucker said Hell NO, I will talk to anyone I want to talk to because Fox is the one that broke it’s contract with Tucker.

    It is clear that the People have no advocates within the media, they all sold out to the deep state.

  • Jim says:

    Tucker needs to counter sue Foxweiser for breach of contract, and 1st Amendment violations.

    Bankrupt Foxweiser and arrest Paul Ryan.

  • S. L. Trout says:

    Tell ’em to go f themselves, Tucker!

  • sherry connolly says:

    I have not watched Fox news since Tucker left. Why did you do such a stupid thing to fire him? You
    should have asked him not to bad mouth you, but still you got your feelings hurt and mistakenly thought you were far more important than your viewers.

  • TOP STORIES

    News

    Republican Presidential nominee Donald Trump is “doing well” and recovering after a bullet fired by failed assassin Thomas Matthew Crooks came “less than a...

    News

    During an explosive interview with Sean Hannity, Missouri Senator Josh Hawley revealed shocking information about the recent assassination attempt on President Trump. Allegations of...

    News

    Social media users were surprised by a new column from “The Hill” floating former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton as the replacement for President...

    News

    Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has landed a new gig with Japan’s biggest steelmaker, Nippon Steel Corp. In a statement, Nippon Steel shared,...

    >