Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Cause of Death Revealed for Three Americans Found Dead at Bahamas Resort

Carbon monoxide poisoning was determined to be the cause of death for three Americans found dead at a Sandals resort in the Bahamas, a new report said Monday.

Autopsy and toxicology reports have been completed following the deaths of Tennessee couple Michael Phillips, 68, and Robbie Phillips, 65, and Florida resident Vincent Chiarella, 64, according to the Nassau Guardian.

The medical examiner said the cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning. No further information was released.

The three Americans died under mysterious circumstances at the Sandals Emerald Bay resort on the island of Exuma on May 6 while staying in separate villas.

The victims were found unresponsive in their rooms after allegedly seeking medical help for feeling ill the prior night.

Chiarella’s wife, Donnis, was briefly hospitalized but recovered.

There’s been ongoing speculation about what might’ve caused the deaths, including an investigation into the food that was served. Several guests also complained that there was a strong odor of insecticides.

Possible leaks from the air conditioning and the water heater on the property are also being probed.

The families of the dead tourists demanded a second, independent autopsy in addition to the one by a Bahamian pathologist, the country’s Minister of Health and Wellness said in an interview with Eyewitness News last week.

“There’s still some investigations ongoing at the Sandals resort. We also have the pathologists in-country who have done their job and samples were sent to a very reliable lab in the United States,” Dr. Michael Darville said, according to Eyewitness News.

None of the deceased showed any trauma, but showed signs of convulsions, the Royal Bahamian Police said. Foul play isn’t suspected.

2 Comments
  • Ken Guyer says:

    Such a shame. In today’s world this just should not happen.

  • Chuckster says:

    Carbon Monoxide? Usually you see that from faulty HEATERS, not Air conditioners. Outside chance if the water heater was gas not electric, but that still doesn’t explain how it happened in SEPARATE VILLAS. something is rotten in Denmark here.

  • Trending Today

    News

    Sidney Powell’s countersuit against Dominion Voting machines was thrown out today by the judge overseeing the case. The Washington Examiner reported earlier today: On...

    News

    A non-governmental organization (NGO), with financial links to billionaire George Soros, has won a $41 million federal contract from President Joe Biden’s Department of...

    News

    On Thursday, President Biden took a short trip to the FEMA headquarters to give remarks on the federal response to Hurricane Ian and meet...

    News

    Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband, Perry Greene, has filed for a divorce. The congresswoman and her husband had been married for over 27 years....

    >