Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Palace Announces Major Change in King Charles III Health Amid Cancer Battle

Buckingham Palace announced a major update in the health status of King Charles III following his cancer diagnosis in February, sharing that doctors are “sufficiently pleased with the progress.”

The royal household announced that the monarch “is now able to resume a number of public-facing duties,” including hosting a state visit for the Emperor and Empress of Japan in late June, People magazine reported. The palace said the King would continue his cancer treatment.

“Any public-facing engagements will be announced nearer the time in the usual way and will remain subject to doctors’ advice,” the palace spokesperson said.

“His Majesty is greatly encouraged to be resuming some public-facing duties and very grateful to his medical team for their continued care and expertise,” the spokesperson added.

The update comes after the palace said the King would be postponing his public duties, but working behind the scenes after his cancer diagnosis.

The latest message about King Charles’ health followed a report in the Daily Beast that claimed the King’s health battle wasn’t going well.

“Speaking to friends of the king in recent weeks about his health, the most common response is … ‘It’s not good,’” the outlet reported.

A friend of the monarch claimed Charles “is determined to beat it and they are throwing everything at it. Everyone is staying optimistic, but he is really very unwell. More than they are letting on.”

The monarch’s funeral plans — codenamed “Operation Menai Bridge” — are being “dusted off” and updated regularly, the outlet noted.

However, one military source said, “Planning for the worst is what the military do.”

Buckingham Palace previously announced the King’s cancer was discovered during his “hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement.”

“Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer,” the statement read, without providing further information. “His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties.”

“Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual,” the statement added. “The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible.”

“His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer,” the statement concluded.

The King ascended to the throne in September 2022 following the death of his mother, the late Queen Elizabeth II, who was 96 years old.

READ 9 COMMENTS
  • Jeff says:

    Why are they calling it Operation Menai Bridge?
    The Welsh, I’m sure, want nothing to do with bonny king Charlie and the hagfish queen.

  • Jeff says:

    Why doesn’t he go ahead and step down and allow William to rule anyway? Give England a king that’s younger and more energetic.

  • TOP STORIES

    News

    Two-time PGA Tour winner Grayson Murray died Saturday morning. He was 30. No cause of death has been disclosed. Murray withdrew from the Charles...

    News

    A section of the $320 million floating pier built and erected off Gaza’s coast has broken off and floated onto an Israeli beach. The...

    News

    Dasha Burns of NBC News was at the Trump rally in the Bronx and spoke to black and Latino voters about why they were...

    News

    CNN’s Ana Navarro has criticized fellow Latinos who support Donald Trump, labeling their attitudes towards immigration as ‘very stupid.’ Navarro suggested that some Latino...

    >