In a display of hilarious political satire, former President Donald Trump’s super PAC has unveiled a new website mockingly titled “Battle For The Vice Presidency” which features several GOP candidates who are currently in the 2024 Presidential race.
The twist? Rather than promoting their campaigns, the website highlights past quotes in which these candidates had praised Trump.
Among the candidates included on this tongue-in-cheek platform are:
- Chris Christie: The former New Jersey governor finds himself among the ‘VP contenders’, his past commendations for Trump glaringly spotlighted.
- Tim Scott: The Senator from South Carolina, who is known for his oratory prowess, is humorously depicted via quotes lauding Trump’s leadership.
- Ron DeSantis: Florida’s Governor, a prominent figure in the GOP and a possible front-runner for the 2024 race, is also not spared. His accolades for Trump are front and center on the site.
- Vivek Ramaswamy: As a newcomer to the political scene, business leader Ramaswamy’s past positive remarks about Trump are particularly emphasized, providing an amusing juxtaposition.
- Nikki Haley: The former US Ambassador to the United Nations under the Trump administration and ex-South Carolina Governor is represented with her past testimonials of Trump’s leadership.
- Doug Burgum: North Dakota’s Governor, known for his pragmatic approach, has also been showcased with his prior appreciative words for Trump.
- Asa Hutchinson: Arkansas’ former Governor finds himself on the list, with the website highlighting moments where he showed agreement or support for Trump’s actions.
- Mike Pence: Trump’s own Vice President from 2016 to 2020 is last but not least. Pence’s loyalty and praise for Trump throughout their tenure are vividly presented.
A Fox employee tells me this site is banned from working on Fox computers. This is what pops up for Fox employees when they try to view the website, I am told:
A Fox employee tells me this site is banned from working on Fox computers. This is what pops up for Fox employees when they try to view the website, I am told: https://t.co/wtyCBdC5Ia pic.twitter.com/rh72DuyMXa
— Henry Rodgers (@henryrodgersdc) August 22, 2023
Trump has so far dominated the polls, leading by double-digits despite the indictments.
One day before Republican presidential candidates are set to verbally brawl on stage, the Republican National Committee has announced who made the cut to enter the ring and who was left out.
Eight candidates met the benchmarks to participate: Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, businessman Vivek Ramaswamy, South Carolina Senator Tim Scott (R-SC), North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum, former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, former Vice President Mike Pence, former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, and former Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson.
Those who didn’t qualify include businessman Perry Johnson, radio host Larry Elder, Miami Mayor Francis Suarez, former Congressman Will Hurd (R-TX), and Texan businessman Ryan Binkley.