Leftist billionaire George Soros used his charities to build ties with hundreds of media organizations around the world involved in news and activist media. The journalism and activist media groups Soros supports mold public opinion on practically every continent and in many languages. They also insulate him from inquiry because reporters see him as an ally, not a target for investigation.
The 92-year-old philanthropist’s multimillion-dollar efforts promoting his bizarre “open society” agenda encompass some of the most radical leftist ideas on abortion, Marxist economics, anti-Americanism, defunding the police, environmental extremism and LGBT fanaticism.
His global media clout is massive. An extensive analysis by MRC Business discovered at least 253 news and activist media organizations across the world financed by Soros’ philanthropic organizations. These groups wield massive power over information in international politics.
This report is the first in a three-part series that reveals the extent of the reach Soros wields over international media to influence the world population. Soros once told The New York Times that he was working to “bend” the arc of history “in the right direction.” He means it.
Project Syndicate: A Global Soros-Funded Behemoth
There is no publication that exemplifies Soros’ hold on the global media more than Project Syndicate, self-dubbed “The World’s Opinion Page.”
- A Global Propaganda Operation. The publication boasts a “global audience” that includes “prominent politicians, policymakers, scholars, business leaders, and civic activists from six continents” and “over 140 heads of state.” Project Syndicate claimed its commentaries appeared an amazing 20,393 times in 156 countries in 2021 alone. Soros’ OSF funneled at least $1,532,105 to Project Syndicate between 2016 and 2020. The outlet promoted everything from abortion to global climate lockdowns to hatred against Israel. It also influences White House propaganda.
The Poynter Institute has devolved from a premier outlet for journalistic training to another leftist media outlet.
- Poynter Is Soros’ ‘Gold Standard’ for Liberal Journalism Gatekeeping. Poynter sells itself as a “global leader in journalism” and as the “gold standard” to emphasize its influence. Soros gave $492,000 to finance Poynter’s leftist International Fact-Checking Network between 2016 and 2020. The network works with 100 so-called fact-checking organizations worldwide, distinguishing itself as a de facto Ministry of Truth. Poynter’s fact-checking operation restricts opinions on issues like abortion, “transgenderism,” COVID-19 and Marxist economics. IFCN signatories like Lead Stories, Poynter’s own PolitiFact and Agence-France Presse, actively work with Big Tech platforms like Facebook and its sister company Instagram to boost their “fact-checking” operations to censor users.
openDemocracy: Soros’ Leftist Global Journalism Operation
Through the leftist U.K.-based openDemocracy, Soros works to control journalism worldwide.
- openDemocracy Is a Cesspool of Leftist Extremism. OSF gave at least $1,633,457 to openDemocracy between 2016 and 2020. The outlet pushes extreme leftist content masquerading as journalism. It promotes transgender ideology in children, anti-Christian propaganda, calls for the abolishment of the nuclear family, climate radicalism and anti-Semitism. openDemocracy flaunts that it “attracts more than 11 million visits per year” and publishes “in Russian, Spanish and Portuguese as well as English.”
Free Press: ‘Socialism’ Restricting Conservative Speech
Free Press is activism disguised as journalism. It pushes to silence conservative speech.
- Liberal Media Props Up Free Press’ Anti-American Mission. Free Press boasted how it received “3,200 press hits in places including the Associated Press, Bloomberg, CNN, Democracy Now!, The Guardian, The Los Angeles Times, MSNBC, NPR, Poynter and Wired” in 2021. Leftist Free Press co-founder Robert W. McChesney made a Marxist call to action in 2000 to “make media reform part of our broader struggle for democracy, social justice, and, dare we say it, socialism.”
Media Democracy Fund: A Soros-Funded Gargantuan Dedicated to Woke ‘Social Justice’
The Soros-funded Media Democracy Fund is a dark money operation at “the crossroads of digital technology and social justice.”
- Media Democracy Fund Is a Money-Spewing Cog in Soros’ Sphere of Influence. It received $3,520,000 from Soros’ OSF between 2016 and 2020. Its so-called “Disinfo Defense League” (DDL) urges government to fund journalism, .“[t]o fully combat the problems of disinformation, hate and other malign practices online.” The fund pressured for “Congress to create a small percentage tax on the online advertising revenues of the largest online platforms,” DDL claimed.
National Public Radio: Soros and State Media
Soros’ media empire wouldn’t be complete without a connection to U.S. state media.
- NPR Is Soros’ Taxpayer-Funded Radio Propaganda Mill. National Public Radio has proven to be a propaganda mill for Soros’ anti-American agenda. NPR received $600,000 from Soros’ foundations in 2016. NPR currently exploits a weekly audience of 48 million, according to NPR network exclusive sponsorship representative National Public Media. During the Aug. 1, 2022, edition of All Things Considered, NPR reporter Sergio Martinez-Beltran compared “hardline Republicans” pushing Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) to be stricter on immigration to the mass shooter at the El Paso Walmart in 2019.