Nikki Haley has lost the Nevada primary to the choice of “none of these candidates” The projected outcome places the option of literally no candidate ahead of Nikki Haley.
At the time of publication, Haley was 30 points down to “none of these candidates.”
President Donald Trump’s absence from the primary ballot has not hindered his chances in Nevada. Trump is set to emerge victorious in the caucus on Thursday, securing the state’s delegates despite not formally participating in the primary.
Candidates were given the option to participate in either the primary tonight or a caucus scheduled by Nevada Republicans on Thursday. Trump has chosen to engage in the caucus, where the allocation of the state’s delegates will take place.
Republican Governor Joe Lombardo of Nevada had previously declared his intention to cast his vote for “none of these candidates” on Tuesday. Numerous Republicans, interviewed as they headed to the polls, expressed their plans to follow suit.
Bruce Parks, the Chair of the Washoe County Republican Party, a strong advocate for GOP caucuses, disclosed that he advised callers, including Trump supporters, to actively engage in the primary by choosing “none of these candidates” over Nikki Haley, the AP reports.
“We have not spent a dime nor an ounce of energy on Nevada. We made the decision early on that we were not going to pay $55,000 to a Trump entity to participate in a process that is rigged for Trump,” Haley campaign manager Betsy Ankney said. “Nevada is not and has not been our focus.”
“If your goal is to win the Republican nomination for president, you go where the delegates are. And it baffles me that Nikki Haley chose not to participate,” Trump adviser Chris LaCivita said ahead of the primary.