Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

LA District Attorney Issues Statement on Resurfaced Video of Diddy Abusing Cassie

The LA District Attorney’s office has revealed it cannot prosecute Diddy after horrific footage showed him assaulting Cassie Ventura in a hotel.

It all comes down to the statute of limitations for assault, and since the date of Diddy’s alleged attack on Ventura at the InterContinental Hotel was March 5, 2016, the DA says the window to prosecute has lapsed.

‘If the conduct depicted occurred in 2016, unfortunately we would be unable to charge as the conduct would have occurred beyond the timeline where a crime of assault can be prosecuted,’ the LA DA’s office wrote in a statement to Instagram.

The office added that law enforcement hasn’t pursued charges against Diddy, real name Sean Combs, related to the attack seen in video obtained by CNN on Friday.

California’s statute of limitations for simple assault is one year, though aggravated assault is three years. Based on the timeline, neither charge could be levied against Diddy.

Two days after Diddy’s punches and kicks to Ventura in the hotel room, the then-couple appeared on the red carpet holding hands for the premiere of the movie The Perfect Match on March 7.

Images unearthed by DailyMail.com show Ventura in two separate outfits that night, with what appear to be several bruises visible on her body.

The horrifying video shows Diddy shirtless with a towel wrapped around his waist, chasing Cassie down the hall in the hotel.

As she tried to get into an elevator, he grabbed her by the back of the head and slammed her on to the ground.

He then kicked her as she lay on the ground motionless, before grabbing the two designer bags she’d tried to escape with.

Diddy stood over her, kicked her again, and then dragged her back to their room by the hoodie.

In a statement to DailyMail.com, Ventura’s attorney Douglas Wigdor said: ‘The gut-wrenching video has only further confirmed the disturbing and predatory behavior of Mr. Combs.

‘Words cannot express the courage and fortitude that Ms. Ventura has shown in coming forward to bring this to light.’

Ventura sued Combs last year alleging rape and a range of other offenses, though they settled out of court in November for an undisclosed amount.

In her suit, Ventura recalled an incident similar to the one caught on security footage at the LA hotel.

The suit claims, ‘In on around March 2016 Mr Combs, during an FO at the InterContinental Hotel in Century City, Mr Combs became extremely intoxicated and punched Ms Ventura in the face, giving her a black eye.

‘After he fell asleep, Ms. Ventura tried to leave the hotel room, but as she exited, Ms Combs awoke and began screaming at Ms Ventura. He followed her into the hallway while yelling at her.

‘He grabbed her, and then took glass vases in the hallway and threw then at her, causing glass to shatter around them as she ran to the elevator to escape.’

Ventura claimed she escaped Diddy but ultimately decided to return out of fear for upsetting him.

After the suit was settled, Ventura released a statement: ‘I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control.’

‘I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support.’

In his own statement following the settlement, Diddy’s lawyer said his settling of the case was in no way an admission of guilt. His lawyer added that he denies all of Ventura’s allegations.

Ventura and Combs dated between 2007 and 2018, after meeting in 2006 when she was 19 and he was 37.

The footage of the March 2016 incident comes just two months after Combs’ homes in Miami and Los Angeles were raided by Homeland Security as part of a sex trafficking investigation.

He is also fighting lawsuits from other accusers who allege sexual misconduct and abuse.

The rapper is among the most influential hip-hop producers and executives of the past three decades.

Formerly known as Puff Daddy, he built one of hip-hop’s biggest empires, blazing a trail with several entities attached to his famous name.

He is the founder of Bad Boy Records and a three-time Grammy winner who has worked with a slew of top-tier artists including Notorious B.I.G., Mary J. Blige, Usher, Lil Kim, Faith Evans and 112.

READ 11 COMMENTS
  • Navy28 says:

    You can take the boy out of the Hood but not the Hood out of the boy!!!

  • D says:

    They are prosecuting trump40 years later??? Why can’t they prosecute him????

  • Peggy says:

    They are both trash

  • TD says:

    There is a video of him doing it and Combs denies it, The guy is a loser criminal and he has done plenty of things to prosecute him for that the statue of limitations has not run out on, He should have been in prison a long time ago, Must be black mailing people to stay out of prison

  • TOP STORIES

    News

    A loaded gun was found lying on the streets of downtown Los Angeles on Saturday afternoon, just a short distance from where President Joe...

    News

    President Joe Biden could soon announce a new effort that would allow illegal aliens to obtain legal status if they are married to U.S....

    News

    A community of society-shunning Americans launched a survivalist haven in the Utah desert after finding themselves alienated from the modern world. Hundreds of people...

    News

    The latest well-coordinated plan among the legacy media to bail out Joe Biden’s floundering reelection bid is coming clear this weekend. Biden’s significant cognitive...

    >