Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Judge Rejects DOJ Argument to Keep Trump Affidavit Sealed, Calls Raid ‘Unprecedented’

Judge Bruce Reinhart, the magistrate judge who approved the warrant on President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home, admitted that the raid was “unprecedented” and formally rejected the Biden administration’s argument to keep the warrant affidavit under seal, citing the “intense public and historical interest.”

In a filing Monday morning, Reinhart said he rejects “the Government’s argument that the present record justifies keeping the entire Affidavit under seal.”

“The Government argues that even requiring it to redact portions of the Affidavit that could not reveal agent identities or investigative sources and methods imposes an undue burden on its resources and sets a precedent that could be disruptive and burdensome in future cases,” Reinhart wrote. “I do not need to reach the question of whether, in some other case, these concerns could justify denying public access; they very well might.”

“Particularly given the intense public and historical interest in an unprecedented search of a former President’s residence, the Government has not yet shown that these administrative concerns are sufficient to justify sealing,” Reinhart added.

Reinhart has given the Justice Department an “opportunity to propose redaction,” with a deadline of Thursday, August 25, at noon.

Reinhart’s role in approving the raid has come under fire due to his apparent bias against Trump.

Despite this development, it seems likely that nothing substantive will be revealed in a redacted affidavit. The Department of Justice previously indicated that “the redactions necessary to mitigate harms to the integrity of the investigation would be so extensive as to render the remaining unsealed text devoid of meaningful content, and the release of such a redacted version would not serve any public interest.”

READ 25 COMMENTS
  • Richard Mundy says:

    I think there was never an affidavit to start with they did the raid on Donald Trump’s Mar-O- Largo place to find something and guess what there was nothing, so now they have egg on there faces and they have too produce it too the public, all this BS of stalling was over reach to get Trump. These PROGRESSIVES asswipes have got to go starting in November of this year and in 2024.

  • Bob R says:

    Reinhart should’ve recused himself on this matter as well, as he did recently on a case Trump filed against Hillary Clinton! Not to mention the whole premise of the corrupt DOJ’s version of the Presidential Records Act is unfounded! What a weasel!

  • TOP STORIES

    News

    In April 2024, after being locked up since August 2023, J6er Julio Baquero found out that he had Stage 4 cancer and, fortunately, was...

    News

    Nvidia has been on an impressive run the previous year, extending well into 2024 and showing no sign of waning, bringing hefty profits to...

    News

    CBS News was forced to remove a video from social media platform X on Wednesday after arguing it was an example of a “cheap...

    News

    A leftist MSNBC contributor has been raked over the coals for claiming Donald Trump is really the presidential candidate who needs to be helped...

    >