Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Baldwin Rages After Special Prosecutor Announces Criminal Charges Against Him

Alec Baldwin vowed to fight the involuntary manslaughter charges to be filed against him.

Alec Baldwin will be charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter for the shooting death of Halyna Hutchins.

“If any one of these three people – Alec Baldwin, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed or David Halls – had done their job, Halyna Hutchins would be alive today. It’s that simple,” Andrea Reeb, the special prosecutor appointed by the DA to the case, said in a statement, according to Fox News. “The evidence clearly shows a pattern of criminal disregard for safety on the ‘Rust’ film set. In New Mexico, there is no room for film sets that don’t take our state’s commitment to gun safety and public safety seriously.”

If convicted, Alec Baldwin could face five years in jail.

Baldwin’s lawyer released an angry and aggressive statement after the special prosecutor announced criminal charges against the actor:

“This decision distorts Halyna Hutchins’ tragic death and represents a terrible miscarriage of justice. Mr. Baldwin had no reason to believe there was a live bullet in the gun – or anywhere on the movie set. He relied on the professionals with whom he worked, who assured him the gun did not have live rounds. We will fight these charges, and we will win.”

Baldwin shot and killed 42-year-old Halyna Hutchins and injured 48-year-old Joel Souza on the movie set of ‘Rust’ in Santa Fe, Mexico in October 2021.

Recall, Baldwin absurdly claimed he didn’t pull the trigger during an interview with George Stephanopoulos.

Baldwin also told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos he doesn’t feel any guilt because he isn’t responsible for the fatal shooting.

“Do you feel guilt?” Stephanopoulos asked Baldwin.

“No. Someone is responsible for what happened and I can’t say who that is, but I know it’s not me.” Baldwin replied.

WATCH:

Baldwin’s statements about the ‘Rust’ shooting to the media over the last year-and-a-half may come back to haunt him.

READ 46 COMMENTS
  • REV. Joseph Marotta says:

    I agree he needs to receive the lowest manslaughter charge. However the person in charge of the firearms on the set deserves two manslaughter charges.

  • TOP STORIES

    News

    President Joe Biden traveled to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for what the White House referred to as his “annual physical,” though no...

    News

    Blaze News investigative journalist Steve Baker said the FBI wants him to self-surrender to the agency Friday morning in Dallas over his January 6...

    News

    Former President Donald Trump has won Michigan’s Republican primary as he continues his charge toward the GOP presidential nomination. The Associated Press (AP) called...

    News

    Rapidly moving Texas wildfires that have 11 million under a ‘red flag warning’ have shut down a nuclear facility as strong winds, dry grass...

    >